Children's Literacy Services:
The Dyer Library offers three storytime programs for infants up to
age 5. Our "Story Time" programs stand alone as a testament to the
1. The love of books begins at birth.
2. Learning to read begins with various listening activities long before
exposure to the written word.
Our Objectives Are:
1. To provide opportunity for babies birth through preschool age to
experience activities with the spoken word.
2. To provide opportunity for parents/caregivers to share these
activities with children.
3. To provide a social setting in which
parents/caregivers may share friendship and ideas.
4. To create an
atmosphere for everyone's enjoyment of story time activities.
Parents and caregivers who attend these programs are committed to these
These programs connect the parent to their infant through storytelling
For additional information on programs, contact Children's Program
Coordinator, Laura Vickery at 283-3861 x107