TOP TEN REASONS to vote for the DYER LIBRARY ASSOCIATION on the CHASE COMMUNITY GIVING Facebook Site
You can help the Dyer Library and Saco Museum to be among the 200 charities that will share $5 million in funding from Chase Community Giving this summer! Just log in to your Facebook account and go to http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/10211500-dyer-library-association. You can cast your vote for up to 20 different charities to be among the 200 that will share $5 million from Chase Community Giving this summer. Just be sure to give the DYER LIBRARY ASSOCIATION one of your 20 votes—and spread the word to all your Facebook friends.
OK, we promised reasons, and here they are:
10. A combined 266 years of history in, and service to, the communities of the cities on the Saco and beyond.
9. Two historic buildings in the heart of Saco’s Main Street Historic District, on the National Register of Historic Buildings: http://www.sacomaine.org/community/history/mainstreet.shtml
8. The largest and finest collection anywhere of paintings by itinerant, deaf portrait painter John Brewster, Jr.: http://www.sacomuseum.org/mus_john_brewster.shtml
7. Fantastic resources for research in local history and genealogy in the Maine History Room: http://www.sacomuseum.org/mus_fairfield.shtml
6. The Moving Panorama of Pilgrim’s Progress: http://www.sacomuseum.org/mus_pilgrims.shtml
5. Our action-packed summer reading program, jam-packed with events: http://www.sacomuseum.org/lib_events_temp.shtml?id=EkZZlVApkZvfRukcus
4. A brand-new overview of more than 400 years of history in the Saco River Valley: http://www.sacomuseum.org/mus_current_exhibits_temp.shtml?id=EkVVyFykkFRDrkFzMQ
3. Our “One Card, Two Doors” program: your pass to all that the Dyer Library and Saco Museum have to offer. A DLSM card is FREE to all residents of Saco. For all others, just $25 gets you borrowing privileges at the Dyer Library PLUS unlimited free admission to the Saco Museum for you and your guests.
2. Our ever-expanding internet services: surf the library catalog, renew your books, browse online databases, and download entire books either in the library or from the comfort of your home computer: http://www.sacomuseum.org/lib_home.shtml
And the number-one reason the Dyer Library Association needs your vote in the Chase Community Giving Program….
1. Together, the Dyer Library and Saco Museum serve nearly 200,000 visitors each year with an array of library services, changing exhibitions, programs and events for all ages, an unparalleled collection of fine and decorative arts relating to the area, and much more. The city of Saco generously supplies 60% of our operating budget, but in order to continue offer programs and services like these, we look to the generosity of individuals, businesses, and grantmaking organizations. We need Chase’s help—and yours!